It can be applied anywhere on the body – hands, feet, elbows, toes – and requires gentle working in. The ointment contains 20% honey alongside our own beeswax combined with sweet almond oil, safflower oil, oat oil (5%), propolis tincture (2%) and vitamin E.
“I purchased a pot of the honey & oat ointment for my 2yr old who suffers with excezma…I just wanted to say thanks, it has provided much relief & has completely cleared up her sore patches…the results are truly amazing” Laura Thompson, UK
Propolis is a sticky substance made by bees from tree resins. It is used by the bees to sterilise the inside of the hive and so is recognised for its antibacterial properties.
Oat oil (Avena sativa) is a superior oil delivering effective skin repair. It is high in linoleic acid content (omega 3 and 6) and antioxidant properties.
The oat oil we use comes from selected oats, grown in Sweden by contracted producers to ensure the quality, traceability, sustainability and safety of the raw material is maintained. It is free from GMOs. The oil retains the valuable active components that many refined oils lack and has ECOCERT natural approval.
Oat oil is non-irritating, is hypo-allergenic and so is suitable for sensitive skins.
Ingredients: Prunus dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil), Cera alba (Beeswax), Mel (Honey), Avena sativa (Oat Oil), Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower oil), 2% Propolis Tincture, Tocopherol (Vitamin E).
Over the years we’ve been making (possibly) the best lip balm you’ve ever tried whilst also working hard to make beneficial honey, beeswax and propolis creams and balms that will treat your skin well.
– Our formulas are free from parabens, SLS and synthetic colours and fragrances.
– We use only the highest quality vegetable oils and essential oils and do not test on animals.
– Our products contain our own honey and beeswax, from our own colonies of indigenous bees, supporting the continuance of British beekeeping.
– We are constantly seeking to improve our products. If you have any feedback, good or bad, please get in touch.
– Skin-friendly products made in Britain by a bee-friendly family.